During the business track at Skin Inc.'s Face & Body Northern California spa expo and conference, tips for starting, maintaining and improving a digital presence were presented by Lauren Snow of Associated Skin Care Professionals (ASCP).
“In order to grow your business in today’s tech landscape, you need to have an online presence. If you don’t, you won’t be successful,” said Snow.
1. Make Your Website Matter
The first impression for many people now is on the web. When someone is searching for a spa in their area, they might simply type “spa near me” in Google. If they happen on to your page, will they like what they see?
In order to make an effective website, Lauren Snow recommends that you:
- Keep it simple. If you aren’t a web designer, keep your website simple and easy to navigate. Using a web service like Wix.com or Weebly.com is a quick and easy way to get a website up and running.
- Compelling images and logo. Someone that goes on to your website should be able to quickly see what your business is about through the images that you provide. Images should be appropriate to the business and clear.
- A Call to Action. When someone visits your site what do you want them to do? Do you want them to schedule an appointment or buy a product? Make sure that you have a clear spot on your website that directs people to what you want them to do.
2. Take Advantage of Social Media
Let’s face it, people are hooked to social media. So why not make the most out of it for your spa? By having a social media presence on top of your website, you are building loyalty with your clients.
A well maintained social media account will increase traffic to your site, improve your SEO ranking and reach potential new clients. Most importantly, if you create a site or a social media account, maintain it.
3. Don't Stop at Social
Don’t think it ends with a website and social media. If you want to make the most out of your online presence, you will also have to invest in other channels to get your message across. To enhance your digital presence by other avenues, Lauren Snow recommends that you:
- Blog. Blogs are a great way to become an authority on a skin care topic. If you have an interesting treatment or some special insight, this is another way of enhancing your brand.
- Send emails. One of the quickest and fastest ways to get a message across to a large number of people is through email.
- Thinking outside the box. When promoting your spa, it doesn’t stop with these. Find creative and different ways to promote your spa. Some things to consider are podcasts, webinars, how-to guides and more.