Performance Health and Massage Envy have announced the winners of the 2018 Successful Hands Grant Program.
As a five-year collaboration between the two companies, the program supports professional massage therapy students by awarding eight $1,000 education grants. Additionally, each winner’s school receives a $1,000 grant package.
“Our mission at Performance Health is help people feel good, perform better and live their best,” said Craig Hall, director of sales, massage and spa, Performance Health. “And one of the ways we do this is by partnering with other great organizations like Massage Envy. This grant initiative aligns well with both organizations’ goals to support the next generation of massage therapists and ensure the profession’s continued growth and success.”
Applicants completed a 200-word essay on what motivated them to become a massage therapist; 960 applications were received. This year’s award recipients include:
- Lindsey Barra, Phoenix School of Massage, Houston
- Lauren Birk,National Holistic Institute, Studio City, California
- Michelle Lowdermilk, Kneaded Energy School of Massage, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Sebastian Stratton-Clarke, National Holistic Institute, Emeryville, California
- Rebeca Torres-Rose, Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy, Albany, New York
- Linnea Van Pelt, Kneaded Energy School of Massage, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Grace Wojdak, Denver Integrative Massage School, Denver
- Ariela Yomtovian, McKinnon Body Therapy Center, Oakland, California
“Massage therapists and their passionate commitment to helping others feel their best are at the heart of the Massage Envy brand’s mission,” said Joe Magnacca, CEO of Massage Envy Franchising, LLC. “We are committed to creating opportunities through education for massage therapists to find success and build fulfilling, life-long careers. We’re honored to continue to support he Successful Hands Grant program and we’re grateful to the selection committee and the time and careful consideration they gave to selecting this year’s winners from among all the wonderful submissions received this year.”