In their quarterly survey, Artemis Distribution found that 43% of Gen Z respondents indicated that their biggest concern, in terms of their face, is acne. The survey highlighted details about acne, non-invasive treatments and social media within the beauty industry.
The survey included 27 questions and was deliverd via Surveymonkey to Artemis Distributions' audience panel. There was a total of 1,143 respondents.
Key Survey Highlights
- Acne is the No. 1 facial concern for Gen Z (42.6%). This is followed by blackheads (12.9%), scarring (12.3%), texture (10.3%), hyperpigmentation (7.7%), fine lines (5.8%) and wrinkles (4.5%).
- Excess body fat is the main body concern for Gen X (48.6%). This was followed by muscle tone (19.8%), skin tightening (14.4%) and cellulite (9.2%).
- People are 33% more likely to consider a non-invasive procedure in the next 12 months than an invasive one.
- Only 29.8% of Gen Z who received non-invasive treatments said they would not recommend them to others versus the 51.1% of Gen Z who said they would recommend them.
- 63% of beauty consumers use social media to research beauty trends. Of this percentage, 90% of those consumers were Gen Z.
- Aided awareness in treatments was significantly higher in Botox (80.2%), Coolsculpting (52.8%), HydraFacial (30.3%) and Cryoskin (18.1%). They were significantly lower in Evolve (9.8%), EmSculpt (9.8%) and Endospheres (7.8%).