Dedicated to asking the question, “How can I live a healthier and better life?” Global Wellness Day is celebrated on the second Saturday of June each year in an effort to begin a conversation within oneself about healthier living.
Global Wellness Day began in 2012 in Turkey as the first day dedicated to living well and will be celebrated in 100 countries at 4,000 different locations on Saturday, June 10, 2017.
The goals of Global Wellness Day are:
- To recognize the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if it’s for one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation for the rest of the year
Spas can celebrate Global Wellness Day by simply suggesting to clients easy ways to make healthy changes in their daily lives, or by making more impactful changes, such as adding halotherapy to treatment areas.