The Black Spa Awards went virtual with a ceremony to honor Black Spa Professionals for their work in 2020. On December 19, in Atlanta, Georgia, top spa professionals and owners gathered in person and online to present on a number of topics. Attendees learned about sales, branding, investing, marketing and profit planning for 2021.
The event was presented by Candace Holyfield, otherwise known as the Six Figure Spa Chick. Holyfield is a medical assistant, holistic practitioner, retired massage therapist, author and motivational speaker. Nikita B, comedian and motivational speaker, hosted the awards ceremony in between presenters.
Guest speakers included Kristi L. Jackson, Meisha Amia, Heather Weatherspoon, Christina Roddy, Windy Smiley, Lonice Stoker, Cindy Lafalaise, Ja'Kelli Unique, Alexis Mcknight LE and Jenni Graham.
- Best Spa: SKINWORKS Day Spa
- Best Beauty Product: iMakeUpMe Beauty & Skincare
- Best Massage Therapist: Massage Therapy By Minyuit
- Best Lash Tech: Posh Extensions
- Best Nurse: Fleaux with Mo, Snatched By Nurse Jas
- Best Instructor: Stay Ready Nails Academy
- Best Esthetician: Serving Faces Spa, Laced by Lonice
- Best Body Coutour: Allure Body Studio, Boujie Bodies, Queen of Body Sculpting
- Rookie of the Year: The Couture Aesthetics, HER Esthetics, Labella Star Beauty, Luxe Smile Studio, Goddess Glamz Beauty