If you are like me (and my sister Katie), the holidays mean advent calendars, family meals, Christmas music and yes…the Hallmark channel. This traditionally is a busy season for our industry. How can we keep the holiday spirit during this “new normal?” Here are #10things you can do to create holiday cheer and cash flow.
1. Create a gift card incentive. Clients can purchase a $100 gift card for someone else and receive $10 for themselves (or a local charity). Remind them that cash gift cards won’t expire. Package gift cards in festive holiday boxes and/or offer to e-mail them digitally.
2. Give “THANKS” to your customers. Take care of your loyal clients with a unique product offering. Your vendor can help subsidize a gift of deluxe samples or a luxury item. If you don’t know your top spenders (you should!) run a list via your POS system.
3. Virtual holiday event. Physically distancing may still be encouraged in your area. Send an invite in the mail with samples and do a virtual skin party. Toast to the new year, have a musical guest, turn the camera on in your spa and create holiday cheer virtually. Keep the timing to approx. 30mins and do it when it works for your clients (not during dinner time or when kids are up etc.).
4. Customized gift packages. Many clients are still nervous about shopping in crowds. Offer to create customized gifts for your clients and ship them to their destination or offer curbside pickup.
5. Safe service treatments. Remind your guests about the safety precautions your business is taking to prevent the spread of COVID.
6. Local giving. Choose a nonprofit that means something to you and your client base. Create promotions around raising funds during this season of giving!
7. Social media plan. Map out and create your message for the year. Consider a 2021 countdown or the 12 days of Spa-mas. Get creative!
8. Annual memberships. This is a great way to promote monthly services for guests.
9. Employee team building. If it is unsafe to get together physically, do something with your team virtually. Decorate cookies, drink wine, share stories and thank one another.
10. Mental health seminar/webinar. Offer online speakers, meditation or another form of mental wellness to your team and guests. The holidays for many are a mix of emotions, and this year may test our mental wellness more than previous years. Acknowledge the potential struggle and offer a solution.
Take care of yourself, your family and your business. I’m thankful for your readership, and I look forward to seeing you (either physically or virtually) at a Face & Body show soon.