Global spa consultancy and think tank Raison d’Etre has launched its mid-year wellness trend report for spa, hotels and lifestyle brands.
Among the trends that were reported included:
- The Power of Brains. Mental health is increasing in focus. Spas and health clubs will continue to work to incorporate brain workouts and stimulating activities to their offerings.
- Nutritarianism. Improving the life and health of individuals through personalized nutrition plans.
- Optimized Living. Using light, air and sound to improve the quality of sleep.
- Kids Wellness. It is never too early to start wellness. Wellness will start focusing on children at home, in school and during travel.
- Accessible & Affordable Wellness. Spa packages and treatments will increase in diversification and flexibility.
- Hashtag Treatments. Social media campaigns and trends will become more influential. Watch out for the hashtags.
- The Contrasts. Disruptions and contrasts between the day-to-day activities will become a bigger trend. Silent retreats and exercise will become more important.
“Having an awareness of growing trends is an essential aspect of running a business within a competitive industry. By incorporating trend-lead themes into new packages or adjusting operations as a response to these mid-year trends, will help to improve spa branding and increase occupancy levels as trends increase in popularity,” said Anna-Cari, of Raison d’Etre.