A loss in the Earth's forests has resulted a global crisis, but Éminence Organic Skin Care and their customers are combating that issue, and you can help. As part of its Forests for the Future initiative, the company has planted 5 million trees—one for every retail product sold since 2012, and it is not stopping there.
For every share of its Forests for the Future video, Eminence will plant a tree (up to 100,000).
In the four years the brand has had this initiative, Éminence has planted trees in 19 developing countries around the world, including Burundi, Uganda, Ghana and Tanzania. The Forests for the Future initiative enables Éminence’s tree-planting partner’s field teams to empower farmers to restore the land and provide food and a sustainable future for the region’s inhabitants.
“We’re dedicated to helping create a sustainable planet through our partnership with Trees for the Future, offering farmers in communities around the world an opportunity to maintain their own sustainable business and feed their families,” said Boldijarre Koronczay, president of Éminence Organic Skin Care.
“Reaching this incredible milestone of 5 million trees planted only strengthens our mission for a positive impact around the world, the environment and the fight against deforestation,” he added.
Not Stopping at 5 Million Trees!
A single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year, while also providing a habitat for biodiversity and helping to combat climate change.
To celebrate this achievement and bring awareness to why planting trees is such an important cause, Éminence has produced an inspiring 1-minute animated video. For every share of the video on social media (#WePlantTrees), Éminence will plant a tree (up to 100,000).
The Power of a Single Tree
- Helps to prevent deadly mudslides, floods and soil erosion.
- Replenishes the fertility of soil essential to growing life-sustaining crops.
- Provides habitat for a wider range of biodiversity, creating natural sustainability for all life forms.
- Provides families with income, empowerment, unity, leadership, education and even saves lives.
- Helps lower air temperature and helps combat climate change.
- Stabilizes the soil and prevents wind and soil erosion through its roots.
- Contributes to the fertility of land through nitrogen fixation and increasing water penetration.