The numbers are in, and the spa lovers and wellness wonks have spoken: Spas of America has unveiled its annual list of the Top 100 spas.
Rankings are determined by unique page views of global spa and wellness travel consumers who visit Spas of Americas throughout the year, sourced from Google Analytics for Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2018.
Here’s how the rankings break down:
- 73 spas are located in the United States; within the U.S., California leads the pack with 14
- Canadian spas claimed 17 spots
- 4 spas are in Mexico
- The Bahamas, Brazil and Costa Rica each received one entry
- City spas were the most popular experience, with 20 spas located in urban destinations
- 19 health spas (focusing on fitness and weight loss) made the list
- Country spas (11), beach and ocean spas (nine each) and mountain spas (eight) followed
- Mineral hot springs, lake, casino, wine and desert spas rounded out the list
“Spa and wellness consumers in the United States, Canada and Mexico understand wellness benefits their lives –by reducing stress, promoting relaxation and increasing well-being,” said Spas of America president Craig Oliver. “Whether guests are traveling alone or in a group, spa and wellness travel offers people a chance to focus on what is most important –their own health and well-being.”