October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Find out how spas around the U.S. are making an impact on breast cancer awareness fundraising, and share how your spa is participating on Skin Inc.'s Facebook and Twitter.
Cal-a-Vie Health Spa
Vista, California | www.calavie.com
Throughout October, Cal-a-Vie will host a series of special amenities, talks and initiatives to raise awareness about breast cancer and promote early detection. It will also honor those lost to or affected by the disease.
The Spa at One Ocean
Atlantic Beach, Florida | www.oneoceanresort.com
The Spa at One Ocean is partnering with the Donna Deegan Foundation and June Jacobs and on a treatment and retail product supporting breast cancer awareness.
- Think Pink Pedi (45 minutes, $55). Five dollars from every pedicure treatment will be donated to the Donna Deegan Foundation, which raises money for women living on the northern Florida coast. Clients are treated to a ruby red grapefruit grain sea salt exfoliation, followed by a honey oat yogurt mask ana shea butter massage, and finished off with application of a choice of pink polish.
- Rapid Repair Healing Cream by June Jacobs. Jacob’s personal battle with radiation dermatitis while undergoing treatment for breast cancer inspired her to develop this therapeutic healing cream to hydrate skin. Twenty-five percent of proceeds will benefit the Anne Moore Breast Cancer Research Fund.
Chill Spa at Hotel Terra Jackson Hole
Jackson Hole, Wyoming | www.hotelterrajacksonhole.com
For the third year in a row on October 19, Chill Spa is holding the Chill for a Cause event. The spa will donate 10% of treatment proceeds to the Breast Cancer Division of St. John’s Health Care Fund. Event treatments include:
- Peel It Off for a Cause Facial—80 minutes
- Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub—50 minutes
- Inspire Swedish Massage—50/80 minutes
The event will also give away more than $500 in product giveaways, and will offer champagne and retail specials to clients.
The Palms Spa
Miami Beach, Florida | www.thepalmshotel.com
In the month of October, The Palms Spa will donate 5% from the purchase price of any manicure, pedicure, 50-minute massage or facial, haircut or color to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Clients can also enjoy 25% off services with a purchase of an Aveda product from the spa’s “Products We Love” list.
Spa Mio, The M Resort
Las Vegas | www.themresort.com
Spa Mio is offering a collection of spa specials to support breast cancer awareness in October.
- Tranquil Respite (50 minutes, $85). Spa Mio’s new facial therapy is designed to provide comfort and relief from chemotherapy, radiation, medications and side effects from cancer treatments. This customizable treatment uses safe, noncarcinogenic skin care ingredients from the Osmosis skin care line and can be modified based on individual needs. Available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Spa for the Cure on October 15. Cancer patients, survivors and caretakers may enjoy a “Moment of Peace.”
In exchange for a donation, Spa Mio will offer complimentary mini services—blow dry, hand treatment, scalp massage, mini facial, energy treatment with optional aromatherapy—for those who have been affected by cancer. Proceeds will be donated to the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Foundation.
Guests may also experience the Moment of Relaxation treatment, a complimentary 30-minute meditation session on at 8AM at the entrance to Spa Mio.
- Retail products. Spa Mio is offering 20% off anything PINK in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The Medical Spa at Nova
Ashburn, Virginia | www.novamedspa.com
On October 13, the spa is offering complimentary spa services for oncology patients and survivors, including:
- Express Oncology Massage Treatments —25 minutes
- Community Acupuncture Treatments—30 minutes
- Private Scar Treatment Workshops—20 minutes
- Yoga for Cancer Classes—25 minutes
- Private Wellness Coaching Consultations—20 minutes
Cancer Treatment Centers of America will also present two seminars: Mindfulness as Self-Care for the Cancer Survivor with Margaret Healy, MSW, LSW (20 minutes) and Spice Up Your Life: Thriving Through Natural Medicine (20 minutes).
SpaBlue at Del Mar
Del Mar, California | www.myspablue.com
Clients can enjoy $50 spa treatments and retail specials during SpaBlue Goes Pink Week, which runs from October 12–16.
PINK Week treatments:
- Express Facial—45 minutes, $50;
- Massage—45 minutes, $50; and
- Silky Exfoliating Body Scrub—30 minutes, $50.
PINK retail specials:
- Pink Grapefruit & Red Mandarin Aromatherapy Emulsion with $50 Epicuren product purchase; and
- Rosee Soin Face Oil with $50 Phytomer product purchase.
Eugene, Oregon | www.bellospa.com
Bello Spa is offering two Think Pink treatments to support breast cancer awareness.
- Think Pink Facial (60 minutes, $100).Suitable for all skin types, this facial incorporates a cleanse, Eminence’s Exfoliating Arctic Berry Peel, Eminence’s Strawberry Rhubarb Masque and moisturization. For each facial, the spa will donate $10 to breast cancer awareness.
- Think Pink Pedicure (75 minutes, $70). This pedicure uses Spa Blends’ Peppermint Hope products and has all the indulgence of the spa pedicure. For each pedicure, the spa will donate $5 to breast cancer awareness