Microneedling is a hot topic and a hot procedure. More patients are discovering the advantages of this non-invasive procedure that helps improve the appearance of acne scars.
SkinPen® by Bellus Medical is the first microneedling device in the world cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up. With as few as three treatments spaced 30 days apart, patients can improve their appearance and step out with confidence.
How Microneedling Works
Microneedling devices cause controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing process. As the skin begins to heal, it goes through a three-phase wound repair process:
1) Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers the immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
2) Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix.
3) Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
SkinPen is a “gateway” treatment that can drive patients to your business. The treatments can also yield a substantial ROI, which is attractive to practices. Due to their non-invasive nature, microneedling sessions usually require little downtime, which is attractive to patients. Other benefits of SkinPen include:
- Works for all skin types – dark to fair.
- Clinically shown to reduce the appearance of facial acne scars.
- Procedures take about 30 minutes, and results are typically seen in as few as three treatments.
- Microneedling procedures tend to cost less than alternatives. The cost varies depending on the size and number of treatment areas.
References:  SkinPen® U.S. Intended Use: The SkinPen Precision System is a microneedling device and accessory intended to be used as a treatment to improve the appearance of facial acne scars in adults aged 22 years and older. Rx only. SkinPen® International Intended Use: SkinPen Precision is a microneedling device that utilizes collagen induction therapy to treat melasma, acne and surgical scars. See intended use, important safety information and clinical trial details (data on file) at bellusmedical.com.
The above paid-for content was produced by and posted on behalf of the Sponsor. Content provided is generated solely by the Sponsor or its affiliates, and it is the Sponsor’s responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and validity of all information included. Skin Inc. takes steps to ensure that you will not confuse sponsored content with content produced by Skin Inc. and governed by its editorial policy.