Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa, an MGM Resorts destination, gave back to Atlantic County and New Jersey charitable organizations with its 12 Days of Giving.
Borgata donated to 12 charities this holiday season, as well as supported front line workers in the region with a meal prepared by the resort's award-winning culinary team.
From Dec. 20, 2020 to Jan. 1, 2021, Borgata partnered with the following organizations to provide holiday cheer for community members in Southern New Jersey:
- Donation: Borgata invested $5,000 to support the assistance Garden State Equality gives to transgender New Jersey residents seeking legal name changes.
The 2015 United States Transgender Survey found that almost one-third of transgender people who showed an identity document with a name or gender marker that conflicted with their perceived gender were harassed, denied benefits or services, discriminated against, or assaulted.
"Access to accurate identity documents is critical for trans people to fully participate in society. We're so grateful to Borgata for their generous support of New Jersey's trans community," said Christian Fuscarino, executive director of Garden State Equality.
- Donation: In addition to a $5,000 donation supporting the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City's Holiday Heroes Giving Campaign, Borgata team members volunteered to wrap all gifts purchased off the Club's Amazon Wishlist by the local community, as well as sewed 160 face masks for the Club's students.
- Donation: Borgata team members wrote 260 holiday cards for CONTACT participants, as well as provided four new cordless phones and one new laptop for CONTACT's office so they may continue to serve the community in 2021.
- Donation: Borgata donated 120 frozen turkeys as well as a pallet jack for the organization's local warehouse.
Due to the national coin shortage, Borgata gave its guests the option of dropping their receipts for less than $1.00 into a donation box benefiting the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.
Thanks to many of Borgata's guests, the resort was able to donate $20,000 to the FoodBank this month. Since Sept. 17, its guests have donated $41,543.12 to the Community FoodBank of New Jersey's Southern Branch.
- Donation: On Christmas Eve, Borgata will donate 60 individual, pre-packaged meals prepared by the resort's award-winning culinary team to be enjoyed by the young people currently living in the Atlantic City Covenant House. On this day, Borgata will further provide these 60 young people with new winter hats and jackets.
- Donation: Borgata will donate 100 individual, pre-packaged meals prepared by the resort's award-winning culinary team to be enjoyed by the overnight shift of first-responders at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center on Christmas Eve.
- Donation: Borgata will provide 250 pounds of dog and cat food, as well as toys and cleaning supplies.
- Donation: Borgata will support The Arc and their mission this holiday with a donation of ten $100 grocery gift cards to support their clients to help them continue to live independently.
- Donation: Borgata volunteers crocheted 60 scarves for women in need, as well as donated 60 toiletry kits including items like soap, shaving cream, toothbrush/paste, makeup, nail clippers and polish, tissues, deodorant, shampoo and hand sanitizer, among other essentials.
- Donation: Borgata donated 220 duffle bags for the Center's "Duffle Bag Project," providing luggage for children transitioning from emergency housing to their long-term home.
- Donation: Borgata donated 60 kits for the Posts' veteran members including winter hats, socks, and toiletry items like soap, shaving cream, toothbrush/paste, deodorant, and shampoo, among other essentials.
Team Member-Driven Food Drive:
- Donation: Team members throughout Borgata's various departments and venues are working throughout the holiday season to collect dry and canned food items for out-of-work Atlantic City employees. All items will be donated in the new year with assistance from the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.
In total, this amounts to $45,000 in contributions to Borgata's surrounding community this December.