It’s a fact: dirty air is a crisis. Cellular intoxicators are on the rise, and our clients’ skin is becoming more and more reactive to the environment. This excessively polluted, toxic air has a great impact on human health and our skin. It’s on the minds of our clients, so it’s time to become a pollution expert in the treatment room. Here are the latest stats.
- An estimated 90% of the world lives in air that’s been polluted.
- In the U.S., nearly 134 million people are at an increased health risk of air pollution; that is almost half the population.1
- There were 15% more days with unhealthy air in America in the years 2017 and 2018 than there was on average from 2013 to 2016.2
- In 2017 and 2018, there were nearly 140 times when the U.S. cities’ air pollution reached the worst two categories: a ‘very unhealthy’ and ‘hazardous air qualities’ greater than 200. That’s more than two-and-a-half times the average of nearly 55 from 2013 to 2016.3
- Air pollution levels can vary up to eight times just within one block.4
Digital Magazine Link:
Make sure you know how to keep your skin and your client's skin protected from urban pollution in our digital magazine!
Read More in the Digital Magazine!