Current cover

Recent in Skin Science (page 8 of 40)

Demystifying Skin of Color

A report showed that by 2050 over half of the United States population will be people of color. There is a large opportunity for spas to treat clients who have skin of color.

Sleep Deprivation Linked to Alzheimer's Disease

While there are many negative side effects to sleeping, a recent study may have discovered that it could actually lead to Alzheimer's disease. That midday nap doesn't sound too bad now huh?

The Genetic Relation Between Skin Tanning and Burning

Scientists recently investigated whether or not genetics can be linked to the propensity of skin to burn or tan, and how this connection may also explain people at risk to skin cancer.

Link Between Skin Cancer and Alzheimer's Uncovered

The Journal of European Academy of Dermatology & Venereology set out to discover whether there is a link between Alzheimer's disease and people with malignant melanoma.

Wake Up To Better Skin

Beauty sleep may not be as much of a myth as we previously thought. In fact, a regular sleeping schedule can actually help the skin to repair and regenerate.

Melanoma Study Suggests Altered Schedule

A recent melanoma study observes whether the scheduling of two FDA-approved drugs can make a difference.

Jar Deconstructed: Horse Chestnut

Horse chestnut provides multiple benefits for the skin like helping with circulation to really get the blood pumping.

What Sleep Means To Aging Skin

While beauty sleep may be a common expression it also happens to be a very true one. Sleeping well can have some great effects on the skin, but just how awesome is it?

How Cosmeceuticals Affect Epigenetics

Because of knowledge gained through epigenetics, it is now known that only about 35% of longevity is determined by our genes. The remaining 65% is determined by epigenetic factors.

Food-to-Face: The Superfood Revolution

Superfoods come in a variety of forms, whether that be in skin care, nutrition or cosmetics. Learn about some major superfoods that are great for skin and body.

Biomimetic Science: A Message in a Bottle

Biomimetic science is "The study of the formation, structure or function of biologically produced substances and materials..." So, how does this apply to the beauty and wellness industry?

You Are What You Eat: Whole Foods for Better Health and Skin

Nutrition plays a big role in healthy skin, and more specifically certain foods can make a big difference in the skin's appearance. From berries to chocolate, different foods positively impact the skin in different ways.

Can't find what you're looking for? Try searching, or looking through past issues.