Creating content marketing that captivates an audience can be challenging. While there is not an exact science, there are some rules you can follow to ensure your content utilizes the best techniques.
Headlines - How Do They Help?
Headlines, can be the single most important aspect in creating a content marketing piece. The headline is responsible for attracting the audience (the bait), and a good intro is the hook. How will an audience engage in your content if they don't even click. Take time to create the right headline and follow some of these techniques to generate more clicks!
- Headlines with 8 words receive the best click through rate
- Headlines with a colon or hyphen performed 9% better
- Headlines with question marks perform better than exclamation points or full stops/periods
- Highlight keywords - Utilize SEO to find keywords your audience searches for
Images and Their Value
According to a study conducted by Chute and Digiday, images can make content 20.3% more effective than just plain text. This demonstrates how powerful images can be when conveying a message to an audience. Images should be used to compliment the text while enhancing the user experience. A few good practices for imagery are:
- Original and eye-catching graphics work the best for lead images
- Charts or graphs when displaying information
Forget Formatting? No Way!
How you format content on a page creates a visual hierarchy that allows you to control where readers look or interact. It's important to think of the overall layout of your content to maintain your audiences' interest and optimize navigation. Things to think about when considering layout:
- Use shorter paragraphs 5-6 lines
- Use bullet points
- Add other elements to break up text
- Include sub-headers
Download the Best Practices Guide on the right.
The above paid-for content was produced by and posted on behalf of the Sponsor. Content provided is generated solely by the Sponsor or its affiliates, and it is the Sponsor’s responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and validity of all information included. Skin Inc. takes steps to ensure that you will not confuse sponsored content with content produced by Skin Inc. and governed by its editorial policy.