Chicago Holds Earth Hour This Weekend
March 28, 2008
Featured Sponsored Content
Most Popular in Sustainability
- 24Make Your Spa More Sustainable!
- 19Green Spas Today: Inspiring and Conscious Innovations
- 19The Global LOHAS Movement
- 15Sustainable Cosmetics Summit Seeks More Movement in Beauty’s Efforts
- 13Earth Day-themed Spa Treatments Around the Globe
- 12The Highs and Lows of Green Certifications
- 12Ecocert Launches International Organic and Natural Spa Certification
- 10Creating a Sustainable Spa
- 9Sustainability--The Next Evolution of the Skin Care Industry
- 7Green Beauty Is Still Going Strong
That's why you are invited to join thousands of your Chicago friends, neighbors and businesses and millions of people around the world to make a bold statement about climate change on March 29 from 8 to 9 p.m local time. Turn out your lights for one hour--Earth Hour.
As World Wildlife Fund's flagship city for the United States, Chicago, a leader in environmental initiatives, is encouraging its residents across the region to make the pledge to help fight global warming by voluntarily turning off their lights for 60 minutes. Signature skyscrapers, key landmarks, theater marquees and shops on the Magnificent Mile will voluntarily turn off their lights.
ComEd, the northern Illinois power utility, is a major sponsor of Earth Hour.
Earth Hour's not just about cutting back for one hour. It's about taking a stand and thinking ahead about what you, your neighbors and your city can do to slow climate change.
Seize the Earth Hour moment and change some of your outdated energy-wasting light bulbs to new, efficient and inexpensive compact fluorescents. Think of other ways you can cut your energy usage and trim your electric bill after Earth Hour has passed.
One person can make a difference. Cities, working together, can change the world.
One hour, Chicago. Earth Hour.
- Green Spas Today: Inspiring and Conscious Innovations
10/2/2014, Shelley Lotz
- Beauty Companies Slow to Embrace Sustainable Packaging
8/31/2010, Jeff Falk
- FTC Calls for Comments on its Revised "Green" Product Claims Guidance
10/15/2010, Katie Schaefer
- Study Assesses Sustainability Initiatives in the Beauty Industry
6/3/2010, Jeff Falk
- Earth Day at Éminence Organic Skin Care
4/22/2013, Kristen Wegrzyn