From Executive Chef Chad Luethje at Miraval Tucson in Catalina, Arizona
Makes 6 servings, 285 calories, 9.5 grams of fat per serving
Tomatillo Lime and Roasted Corn Salsa ingredients:
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!
1⁄4 habanero pepper, stemmed and minced
1⁄2 scallion, chopped
1 onion, chopped
6 tomatillos, chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1⁄2 cup nopales, cooked and cut in large dice
1⁄2 cup roasted fresh corn
Juice of one lime
1. Place all of the ingredients, except the lime, roasted corn and nopales, in a food processor and pulse until chunky.
2. Add the corn, nopales and lime juice, season to taste and set aside until ready to use.
1⁄2 onion, julienned
2 cloves garlic, minced
1⁄2 cup lentils
1⁄2 cup potatoes, diced
1 cup shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
2 cups fresh spinach, trimmed and washed
4 cups vegetable stock
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
1⁄4 teaspoon of chili flakes
1⁄2 cup of feta cheese
6 flour tortillas
2 cups of tomatillo salsa
6 springs of cilantro for garnish
6 radishes, washed and trimmed
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Make the salsa as the recipe indicates.
3. In a sauté pan sprayed lightly with vegetable spray, sauté onion for five minutes, stirring.
4. Add the potatoes, mushrooms and garlic, and cook 10 minutes, stirring.
5. Add the lentils and stock, and cook an additional 25 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the stove and fold in the spinach, oregano and chili flakes, together with the lentils. If necessary, drain off excess liquid in a strainer or colander. The veggie mix should be moist, but not too wet or it will make the tortilla soggy.
7. Add the feta and fold into the mix well.
8. On the stove, heat a dry sauté pan over low heat and warm each tortilla. Cover the hot tortillas with a cloth napkin, tea towel or just place them in a plastic bag so they don’t dry out. Tortillas are easier to work with when they have been warmed.
9. Place two tablespoons of the lentil veggie mix in the lower part of each tortilla and roll them up. Carefully place your tortilla roll ups seam side down in a lightly sprayed oven-proof dish. Bake on the center rack in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the tortilla roll-ups are crispy and golden brown. Serve with Tomatillo Lime and Roasted Corn Salsa.