The secret to a futuristic eye is layering, according to Jill Glaser, owner of Make Up First School of Makeup Artistry, who demonstrated a futuristic eye technique on the Skin Inc. LIVE! stage at Face & Body Midwest. The result was a wearable look with a little bit of edge.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start with a wax-based silver eye color, like Make Up First’s Fantasy Palette, and apply to the lid.
- Next, brush on a matte cream shadow in silver by Make Up Forever’s Flash Palette in silver on top of the silver base.
- Using a brush that matches the size of the area you’re working with, set the shadow with silver powder.
- Apply a thin line of silver using both a cream and powder under the brow area, carrying the line outward toward the hair line. A matte finish will help create definition.
- Choose a violet shadow and apply to the crease and work up toward the brow. Using a fluffy brush, lightly blend from the outside in.
- Lightly add an iridescent powder over top of the lid, such as Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow in Tonic, sweeping over brows if desired.
- Swipe navy liner along the lash line.
- Finish with false lashes.
- Bond the false lashes to the natural lashes with mascara.