Council Commends Congress for FDA Cosmetics Funding Increase
January 2, 2008
Most Popular in Makeup Treatments
- 9068 Steps to Perfect Eyelash Extensions
- 318Spring Color Preview 2015: Muted Moxie
- 241Are You Storing Your Makeup Properly?
- 23610 Things Every Makeup Artist Must Know
- 177Color Theory in the World of Makeup
- 108Want Flawless Makeup? Prep Skin First!
- 86The Over-50 Makeover
- 69Study Finds UV Nail Lamps Do Not Cause Cancer
- 515 Ways to Avoid Eye Damage Caused by Eye Makeup
- 35Makeup Techniques That Sell
"The Personal Care Products Council is pleased to announce that the U.S. Congress has approved $1 million funding increase for FDA for review of cosmetics, which will further enhance consumer protections for personal care products. Our products literally touch nearly every American every day. Through strong regulatory oversight, made possible by this $1 million increase, consumer confidence in the safety of their personal care products will remain high.
"Consumer safety is the number one priority cosmetic and personal care product companies. Over the years, cosmetic and personal care product companies have worked with FDA to establish a unique partnership in which companies go beyond the requirements of the law to provide additional safety and technical resources and information.
"Consumers depend on safe products that are available and consistently regulated across the globe. In addition to enhanced oversight, this funding increase will allow critical FDA participation in international discussions to develop the best and most encompassing global protections and regulations for consumers of personal care products.”
- Bright Summer Eyes
6/1/2012, Teresa Paquin
- Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Hued
5/13/2008, By Alphonse Wiebelt
- The Over-50 Makeover
10/31/2012, Teresa Paquin
- Top Holiday Makeup Tips for Clients
12/14/2010, Cathy Christensen
- Working Girl Makeover
3/3/2014, Noreen Young