Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Skin Inc. magazine’s Second Annual Best of the Best Awards
By: Cathy Christensen
Posted: October 23, 2007, from the November 2007 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 4 of 6
87%. The business provides this class to encourage the continuous character development of its team members. Gadabout believes services are only 13% of what influences a client’s experience, and the other 87% is the interaction between employees and clients. During these classes, employees learn to develop their communication and listening skills. A Spa Snapshot on Gadabout Man will run in the January 2008 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
Most Employee-friendly Spa: Honorable Mentions
Tamara Spa and Wellness, Farmington, Michigan
Sarty Mountain, Wenatchee, Washington
Category: Best Retail Philosophy
Winner: Sarty Mountain, Inc., Wentachee, Washington
This multifaceted company focuses on the benefits of technology in regard to retail. Using its e-commerce site, www.sartyshops.com, the company is better able to serve clients nationally and internationally, particularly those who live in rural areas. Only seven months old, the site also is used in the company’s Elements and Refuel spas as a reference point for telephone gift certificate purchasers. Not only does this provide easy access for customers, but it also allows spa professionals to provide full attention and care to clients. An article detailing Sarty Mountain’s retail philosophy will appear in the March 2008 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
Best Retail Philosophy: Honorable Mention
Skin Appeal Day Spa, Stafford, Virginia
Category: Best Balance Between Medical and Esthetics in a Medical Spa
Winner: Be Medispa, Lexington, Kentucky
As “a spa with a medical degree,” Be Medispa offers preventive aging programs that combine the health synergies of bio-identical hormone replacement, detailed nutrition counseling, individualized nutritional supplementation, exercise guidance, lifestyle modifications and stress management skills. A column detailing the architecture of this balance by Be Medispa will appear in the Spa, MD, section of Skin Inc. magazine’s January 2008 issue.