Most Popular in:
The Diet-Acne Connection
By: Elise May
Posted: September 3, 2013, from the September 2013 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 4 of 4
- www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1085562905000283 (Accessed Jul 9, 2013)
- www.isclinical.com/whitepapers/acne.pdf (Accessed Jul 9, 2013)
- CA Adebamowo, et al, High school dietary dairy intake and teenage acne, J Am Acad Dermatol 52 2 207–214 (Feb 2005)
- CA Adebamowo, et al, Milk consumption and acne in adolescent girls, Dermatol Online J 12 4 1 (May 2006)
- RN Smith, et al, A low-glycemic-load diet improves symptoms in acne vulgaris patients: a randomized controlled trial, Am J Clin Nutr 86 1 107–115 (Jul 2007)
- ML Nagpal, et al, Human chorionic gonadotropin up-regulates insulin-like growth factor-I receptor gene expression of Leydig cells, Endocrinology 129 6 2820–2826 (Dec 1991)
- L Cordain, et al, Acne vulgaris: a disease of Western civilization, Arch Dermatol 138 12 1584–1590 (Dec 2002)
- O Schaefer, When the Eskimo Comes to Town, Nutrition Today 6 6 8–16 (Nov/Dec 1971)
Elise May is the owner of SKINutritious acne + skin wellness clinic and healing skin care line, based in San Francisco. A licensed esthetician and certified nutritionist, she is also the blogger behind TheSkinNutritionist.net.