Wellness Sponsored by
Makes 6 servings, 208 calories, 8.3 grams of fat
1 cup cooked butternut squash pulp
3 1⁄2 cups milk
3 ounces Ibarra brand Mexican chocolate
3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. In a blender, puree the squash with 1 3⁄4 cups of the milk until perfectly smooth.
2. In a large saucepan, mix the remaining 1 3⁄4 cups of milk, chocolate and spices.
3. With a whisk, stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted, then add the pureed squash. Do not boil.
4. Strain through a coarse sieve to remove any trace of the squash fiber.
5. Serve in little demitasse cups with a crisp cookie for dipping.
6. If making into a sorbet, cool at room temperature, stirring occasionally, then chill completely. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.