Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Nutrition Offerings Can Help Boost Breast Cancer Awareness
Posted: September 3, 2009
page 2 of 2
To eat a diet that will help prevent breast cancer, keep the following foods in mind:
- Grape juice and grapes. Grapes contain resveratrol, which helps in the prevention of both breast cancer and leukemia.
- Blueberries. While most berries will do, blueberries are especially good at helping to prevent breast cancer because of the antioxidants they contain.
- Vegetables. Mom was right, eating your vegetables is healthy. Those that are especially helpful in cancer prevention include dark leafy-green varieties, as well as cauliflower and broccoli.
- Beans. They contain phytochemical compounds and are high in fiber. Think beyond pinto and black to consider such things as soymilk, tofu and soy veggie burgers.
- Green tea.Not only does it taste good, but it contains catechins, which are believed to be helpful in cancer prevention.
- Tomatoes. The lycopene in tomatoes is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent or slow the growth of cancer.
- Orange foods. They contain antioxidants that help fight cancer. Think squash, apricots, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, carrots and more.
- Whole grains. Foods that are whole grains contain fiber and phytochemicals, making them a nutritional must-have. Include a variety of them in your diet, including tortillas, popcorn, pastas and breads.
“At first, you may need to make some significant changes to your daily diet to get these foods in,” adds Kuropatwa. “But once you get used to it, you will enjoy eating such healthy and tasty foods, especially when you know that you are getting benefits that can last for years to come.”