Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
More Peachy Recipes
By: Test User (Clickability Client Services)
Posted: April 1, 2009, from the April 2009 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
Following are additional peach recipes provided by Executive Chef Jason Graham of Cal-a-Vie Health Spa in Vista, California. For more peachy info, check out the Peach Gazpacho recipe and the column "Life's a Peach" by Cathy Christensen from the April 2009 issue.
Fresh Fruit Smoothie
Makes 6 servings, 64 calories, 1 gram of fat
8 ounces frozen strawberries
1 cup sliced peaches
1 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon flax seed oil
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 teaspoons Splenda or honey (optional)
3 strawberries, cut into halves, for garnish
6 pineapple wedges, for garnish
- Combine the strawberries, peaches and blackberries in a blender.
- Add the apple juice, flax seed oil, protein powder and Splenda. Process at high speed for 1 minute, adding additional juice if the smoothie is too thick or additional berries if it is too thin.
- Pour into chilled glass and garnish with a strawberry half and a pineapple wedge.
Sleepy Peachy Mango Tea
Makes 15 servings, 39 calories, 1 gram of fat
32 ounces mango peach juice
32 ounces of water
4 lemon zinger tea bags
4 sleepy time tea bags
2 tablespoons honey
6 whole cloves
Juice of one lemon
- Combine all the ingredients with 32 ounces of water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let steep for several minutes.
- Strain and serve hot or iced.