From Head Chef Todd Cameron, Gaia Retreat & Spa, Bangalow, Australia
Makes 4 servings, 329 calories, 17 grams of fat
Flesh of 1 ripe avocado
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!
1⁄2 cup hulled tahini
1⁄3 cup organic cocoa powder
1 cup dark chocolate
3 drops peppermint essential oil
1⁄2 cup organic raw sugar or 2⁄3 cup white palm sugar
3⁄4 cup organic soy milk
1⁄2 cup water
Dash of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon agar agar powder
1⁄8 cup water
1. Place all ingredients except agar agar and 1⁄8 cup of water into a blender, and blend for one minute or until thoroughly mixed.
2. Set aside four bowls to set and serve the mousse.
3. In a small pot, add cold water and agar agar; mix; then bring to simmer for 30 seconds.
4. Add melted agar agar to mousse mix in the blender, and blend for 20 seconds.
5. Pour mix into bowls immediately. The mousse will set in fridge within 10 minutes.
6. Serve with a sprig of mint and a clear conscience, because it is healthy!