Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
By Cathy Christensen
Posted: April 14, 2008, from the November 2007 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 2 of 2
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Coat baking pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Bake tomatoes in prepared pan until tender—about 20–25 minutes. Remove from pan and chop.
3. In a large sauce pan, sauté onion and celery in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Puree tomato mix in blender or food processor with vegetable stock until smooth. Return to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add peas and cook 5 minutes longer.
6. Ladle into bowls and garnish with sliced basil leaves, if desired.