Most Popular in:
Alternative Therapy Treatments
Build Your Business With a Whole-body Approach
By: Lisa M. Crary
Posted: July 30, 2013, from the August 2013 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 7 of 8
Marketing. To promote the diet and lifestyle aspect of your business to existing and prospective clients, consider the following marketing strategies.
- Make sure your website reflects the whole-body approach to skin care. Include an educational resource center where clients can access a blog featuring daily health tips, videos, healthy recipes and wellness news.
- Host events at your skin care facility that focus on diet and lifestyle topics. For example, enlist a local chef to host an interactive workshop where attendees can learn to cook healthy dinners in less than 20 minutes.
- Create a Facebook fan page on which you can share new blog posts, and infographics, tips and images concerning diet, lifestyle and supplementation. Social media can also be used to host contests, sweepstakes and challenges to create buzz.
- Include diet and lifestyle tidbits in e-mail newsletters.
- Gift clients with complimentary supplement samples with the purchase of professional skin care treatments.
Set your business apart
As you incorporate diet, lifestyle and supplementation into your skin analysis process, work toward ensuring every aspect of your business—from your website to consultation to post-treatment followup—reflects your spa’s focus of integrative skin care strategies. Above all, be sure to pay attention to individual clients’ specific lifestyle habits and conditions in order to properly assess their unique needs and make the most effective recommendations.
Not only will the focus on diet and lifestyle changes drastically improve your clients’ skin health by truly effecting change in skin from within, it will also set you apart from competitors and present more business opportunities.
(All accessed Jun 3, 2013)
Understanding Skin Diseases and Disorders Can Increase Your Treatment Offerings in 2013
Health Challenged Skin: The Estheticians’ Desk Reference is designed to address the lack of esthetic knowledge in the area of skin diseases. Chances are you have come across more clients with diabetes,allergies, Crohn's Disease and Autoimmune diseases just to mention a few. This book covers an incredible range of diseases and disorders and it is organized to offer easy-to-find, hands-on application for daily use.
Order Today at Alluredbooks-Health Challenged Skin