Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Sun Care Treatments
Australian Scientist Develops Possible Skin Cancer Vaccine
Posted: November 17, 2008
page 2 of 2
David Currow, the head of Cancer Australia, a government body which assists with research and education, warned that the vaccine may not prevent all skin cancers. "As we've seen with cervical cancer, although it may deal with 70% of cancers of the cervix, the vaccine doesn't deal with the other 30%," he said. "And so it is with a vaccine related to skin cancer. The message is still that one of the most powerful things that we can do is reduce the risk by reducing our exposure to sunlight."
Agence France-Presse, November 16, 2008