Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Medical Esthetics Treatments
Lighting the Way to Beautiful Skin
By: Wendy Reichert
Posted: June 24, 2008, from the February 2006 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 5 of 5
LED equipment currently is being manufactured specifically for cosmetic purposes, similar to lasers and IPL. LED light therapy can be performed without medical supervision and often is delivered through the use of hand-held equipment. This technology is becoming widely available, and can be used safely and confidently in both medical spas and day spas.
- C Enwemeka PhD FACSM, Laser Photostimulation: An old mystery metamorphosing into a new millennium marvel. Laser Therapy (12, 13) World Association for Laser Therapy (2004)
- D Fitz-Ritson DC, FCCRS(C), DACRB, Lasers and Their Therapeutic Applications in Chiropractic. J Can Chiropr Assoc 45(1) 26 (2001)
- D McDaniel, MD, Light Tissue Interactions: Photothermolysis vs Photomodulation. PCI Journal 10(3) 15 (2002)
- E J Spear, Light’s Action. Dayspa 221 27 (May 2005)
- G K Reddy, et al, Laser Photostimulation of Collagen Production in Healing Rabbit Achilles Tendons. Lasers Surg Med 22(5) 281 (1998)
- I Neuman, MD, et al, Narrow-band Red Light Phototherapy in Perennial Allergic Rhinitis and Nasal Polyposis. Annals of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology 78 399 (April 1997)
- J Mercola Light Therapy for Eye Injuries. New Scientist (12 July 2002)
- K Carney, Shedding Light on Beauty. Les Nouvelles Esthetiques, 154 (January 2005)
- LEDs Illuminate the Future of Light-Based Skin Renewal. The American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (10 April 2002)
- L R Horwitz DPM, CWS, et al, Augmentation of Wound Healing Using Monochromatic Infrared Energy. Advances in Wound Care 12(1)35 (Jan/Feb 1999)
- M S El-Genk, The NASA Light-Emitting Diode Medical Program – Progress in Space Flight and Terrestrial Applications. CP504 Space Technology and Applications International Forum (2000)
- New Photo Rejuvenation Treatments Offer a Quick and Easy Solution to Aging Skin. American Academy of Dermatology (5 March 2001)
- P Papageorgiou, et al, Phototherapy with blue (415 nm) and red (660 nm) light in the treatment of acne vulgaris. British Journal of Dermatology 142 973 (2000)
- P Pugliese MD, Fundamentals of Laser Science, Part I. Skin Inc. magazine (July 2004)
- P Pugliese MD, Fundamentals of Laser Science, Part II. Skin Inc. magazine (August 2004)
- P Rogers MRCVS, Laser. From Post Graduate Course in Veterinary AP, Dublin. (1992, updated 1993, 1995)
- R Bryant, Low-level Laser Outshines Other Modalities. Cosmetic Surgery Times Special Report (1 July 2004)
- R Das et. al., Light-Emitting Diode (LED) Irradiation Enhances the Wound Healing Process by Altering Gene Expression Patterns.