Clinique Forms Strategic Collaboration
January 24, 2008
Most Popular in Medical Esthetics Treatments
- 2569FDA Approves Nonsurgical Double Chin Treatment
- 1054FDA Approves Filler for Acne Scar Treatment
- 685Skin Care Before and After Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- 644Today’s Skin-tightening Devices
- 596How Does Botox Actually Change the Skin?
- 587Microneedling in the Esthetic Practice
- 293Skin Abnormalities: Separating Harmless From Harmful
- 283The Future of Anti-Aging Technology
- 169Hyperpigmentation: A Key Side Effect of Chemotherapy
- 152The Golden Ratio—Just How Important is Facial Symmetry in Medical Esthetics?
“Clinique’s promise to our consumers has always been to create dermatologist guided, allergy tested, 100% fragrance free products that address skin care needs. Today we are entering a new phase of our relationship with the medical community,” said Lynne Greene, global president, Clinique Laboratories. “By joining forces with Allergan, the number one medical aesthetics company, we are now able to service consumers who are under the care of a physician with this completely new class of products.”
“In collaboration with Clinique, our goal is to establish a leadership position in physician-dispensed skin care by offering a one-stop approach to specialized skin care products under a brand name that is trusted by consumers and backed by science on which physicians can rely,” said David E.I. Pyott, chairman of the board and CEO, Allergan. “The collaboration combines Allergan’s leadership in medical aesthetics and our deep understanding of the physician channel based on our Total Facial Rejuvenation portfolio—including BOTOX Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM and our skin care product line—with Clinique’s history of formulating leading consumer skin care products guided by dermatologists. Together with our complementary strengths, we expect Clinique and Allergan to grow this market.”
As part of the agreement, Clinique will be responsible for formulating, developing and manufacturing the new product line. Clinique will sell products to Allergan while Allergan will record sales to physicians and handle consumer and professional marketing and distribution. The agreement with Clinique will allow Allergan to expand the size of its current sales force dedicated to physician-dispensed skin care. Clinique and Allergan may also conduct clinical trials and work with the physician community to ensure the success of the new skin care line.
“Clinique’s rich dermatological heritage dates back 40 years,” said William P. Lauder, president and CEO, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Clinique's parent “This new skin care line, created in collaboration with Allergan, is the next generation of the expression of Clinique’s unique position delivered through one of the fastest growing channels today, physicians’ offices.”
- Today’s Skin-tightening Devices
5/30/2014, Terri A. Wojak
- ASAPS Reports Cosmetic Procedures on the Rise
5/16/2008, Cathy Christensen
- AAFPRS Reports Noninvasive Procedures on the Rise
4/7/2010, Cathy Christensen
- More From "Trends in Aesthetic Medicine"
8/22/2008, Sharon McQuillan, MD
- Trends in Aesthetic Medicine
8/21/2008, Sharon McQuillan, MD