Most Popular in:
Medical Esthetics Treatments
Working With Clients Considering Hair Removal: With Exclusive Advice from Eric Bernstein, MD, Spokesperson of the ASDS
Posted: September 14, 2011
page 2 of 4
According to Bernstein, patients should always ask questions to ensure the treatment is right for their skin. If your client is considering laser hair removal, they should consider visiting a dermatologic surgeon who can evaluate if laser hair removal is appropriate for your skin and hair type and choose the right laser to safely and effectively perform the procedure.
Bernstein and the ASDS suggest asking the following questions to ensure the treatment is right for you. Here are a few questions clients should ask.
- Who will be performing or supervising my laser hair removal?
- Do you own the equipment or do you rent it?
- Did you buy the equipment from the company that manufactured it, and do they maintain it?
- What types of hair removal lasers do you offer?
- Do you have the type of laser that is best for my skin?
Eric Bernstein, MD, spokesperson of the ASDS, provides exclusive commentary to SkinInc.com about details to consider from a medical spa professional standpoint when working with laser hair removal clients.