- After washing your face in the morning, what time of day do you notice it looks or feels oily? The earlier in the day, the more likely the client is an oily type; if it’s not until later in the afternoon or never, they are likely a drier type.
- Do you prefer a foaming cleanser, or would you rather use a creamy nonfoaming wash?
- Which products, such as bar soaps, alpha hydroxy serums, retinol products or harsh cleansers or toners, are you currently using?
- Do you break out? When, where and how often? What do you experience: pustules, papules, rashes or redness?
- Are you using any skin care products or medicines prescribed by a physician?
- In what type of climate do you live? In a more humid environment, the skin retains more moisture, reducing barrier function and increasing the penetration of ingredients.
- Is there seasonal climate variation? For example, cold, dry winters and hot, humid summers usually require two different skin care regimens.
- Do you have a history of underlying disease, such as diabetes, allergies or atopy?
- Do you have a history of reaction to any products applied to skin or mucous membranes?
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!