Most Popular in:
The Light Fantastic: Photobiology and Light Emitting Diodes
By: Erin Madigan-Fleck
Posted: January 31, 2014, from the February 2014 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 4 of 5
2. HT Whelan, et. al., Effect of NASA light-emitting diode irradiation on wound healing, J Clin Laser Med Surg 19 6 305–314 (Dec 2001)
3. D Barolet, Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) in Dermatology, Semin Cutan Med Surg 27 227–238 (2008)
4. uvasun.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/photobiology_LED.pdf (Accessed Nov 26, 2013)
5. HH Kwon, JB Lee, et. al., The clinical and histological effect of home-use, combination blue-red LED therapy for mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris in Korean patients: A double-blind, randomized controlled trial, Br J of Dermatol 168 5 1088–1094 (May 2013)
6. TK Leung, et. al., Far Infrared Ray Irradiation Induces Intracellular Generation of Nitric Oxide in Breast Cancer Cells, J of Med and Bio Engineer, 29 1 (2009)
Are you an esthetician considering working in a medical setting?
Aesthetics Exposed: Mastering Skin Care in a Medical Setting and Beyond This book answers your questions about the legalities of aesthetics, challenging skin concerns, skin care treatments, laser and light therapy, working with medical staff, innovative skin rejuvenation techniques and landing your dream job. If you are serious about advancing yourself and are self-motivated, this book is your first step in the right direction. You have to start somewhere!.