It’s no secret that when people look good, they feel good; however, the reverse is often true. By combining lifestyle changes, dietary counseling, proper supplementation, and modern services and technologies, patients are experiencing dramatic results. This is especially the case with those seeking help for acne and rosacea. By treating the whole body with a combination of clinically advanced skin care treatments, Eastern-inspired practices and holistic healing, patients feel and look better, and live healthier lives.
The whole picture
Before any treatment begins, it’s important for patients to sit down with a skin care professional for a one-on-one consultation to determine goals and discuss the changes they would like to see in their skin. During this personalized skin analysis, the esthetician should collect a detailed client history to pinpoint the most effective treatment plan.
Questions to ask include:
- How long has the patient been suffering from this condition?
- What kind of breakouts do they experience: papule, pustule, comedone or cyst?
- What kind of prescription medication do they take, including birth control pills?
- Do they wash their face in the morning and/or in the evening?
- What types of cleansing and moisturizing products do they use?
- Do they use a washcloth?
- What types of prescribed topical products have they used in the past?
- How often do they change their pillowcase?
- Do they pick at their pimples?
- Do they use sunscreen?
- Do they have any product sensitivities?