A new report by Packaged Facts, "Caring for Baby: The U.S. Market for Diapers, Bottles, Wipes and More," estimates the baby care supplies market grew 5% to $6.9 billion in 2007. Packaged Facts optimistically projects the market will reach $8.1 billion by 2012, assuming marketers can continue to successfully stimulate sales and increase brand awareness and loyalty campaigns. The report attributes growth, in part, to a trickle down of Americans' embrace of luxury health and beauty care products to the infant care market.
"While some parents gravitate to value-priced babycare supplies, saving money for classier baby clothes and accessories that make a good appearance, other parents have faith that body care supplies sold through prestige and pop-prestige channels are worth the added expense," said Cathy Minkler, associate editor, Packaged Facts. "Baby body care is now emphasized at prestige outlets such as Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus. Marketers have become wise also to promoting 'green' and eco-friendly products for baby."
"Caring for Baby: The U.S. Market for Diapers, Bottles, Wipes and More" studies the retail marketplace for products intended to facilitate the care, feeding and mental development of infants. Categories include wipes/moist towelettes and body care, and the report features historical and forecast sales, consumer profiles and key market trends and analysis. For further information on this report from Packaged Facts click here.
Report Explores Growth of Baby Body Care
February 17, 2008
Most Popular in Trends
- 1893Top 10 Professional Skin Care Trends for 2015
- 1706Top 10 Professional Skin Care Industry Trends for 2014
- 1599Move Over Loyalty Programs—Spa Subscriptions are Here
- 158110 Reasons Why Lash and Brow Serums are Growing
- 119517 Foods For Healthier Skin
- 880Food For Thought: What Causes Acne?
- 6142015 ISPA Spa Industry Study: 6 Key Takeaways
- 435Fall 2015 Color Report: Neutral with a Pop
- 272SpaFinder Wellness 365: Spa & Wellness Trends for 2015
- 250Seven Wellness Travel Insights for 2015
- Product Design Trend: Changing With the Seasons
3/31/2015, Kristen Wegrzyn
- Top 10 Spa & Wellness Trends Spanning the Globe
1/15/2014, Kristen Wegrzyn
- Study Explores Consumer Attachment to Naturals/Organics
5/23/2008, Jeff Falk
- Cosmetics Industry Embraces Digital
- Spring into Beauty with Trends from Kline & Company
4/17/2014, Abby Penning