Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
NMI Reveals Key Insights Into Baby Boomer Clients: With Tips For Working With These Clients From Terri Wojak
Posted: October 28, 2011
Natural Marketing Institute (NMI), an international strategic consulting and market research firm, has been studying the health aging/baby boomer consumer segment since 2005 and now has seven years of trended data among more than 20,000 U.S. adults. NMI’s studies are balanced to U.S. Census data across key demographics and statistically significant at the 95% confidence level to +/- 1.8%.
Due to their sheer size, boomers not only have the capacity to redefine aging, they are revolutionizing aging. The emergence of the concept of healthy aging (not anti-aging) has been propelled by this generation of 78 million strong with $3.2 trillion in spending power. Providing them with the tools to keep every aspect of their life healthy as they age is a major opportunity for all industries catering to this influential generation.
NMI’s healthy aging/boomer Database generates unique insight into this generation (and others) to reveal new insights.
- Boomers are not a homogeneous group—segmentation highlights targeted opportunities.
- Top key healthy aging drivers relate to finances—to live on, for retirement, for health care expenses.
- Boomers are information-seekers and prefer to find out about products/services via self-discovery.
- Boomers show higher concern than younger generations surrounding political and world issues.
- Boomers want to remain relevant and defy “getting old.”
- Top drivers of a healthy lifestyle are centered around weight loss, disease prevention and appearance.
- Boomers are optimistic and feel their financial situation will get better in the future, and health care advances will extend their life and prevent disease, which may lead to their live now, pay later attitude.
- Boomers show strong brand loyalty to products and services they use.
- About a third are early adopters, indicating they are the first to try new products and services.
- They prefer advertisements that capture the flavor of their generation and understand their uniqueness.
- A large majority prefer to purchase from socially and environmentally responsible companies.
Exclusive Advice From Terri Wojak About Working With Boomer Clients