Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Change Your Perspective
By: Linda Burmeister
Posted: November 29, 2012, from the December 2012 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 2 of 2
What must you do to stay on course? Following are a few tips.
- Own your craft. You must absolutely master skin physiology and all of its intricacies.
- Stay energized and excited by always wanting to know more.
- Understand the impact advanced ingredients and machine technology have on getting results.
- Know the business aspects; it’s not just about the treatment. Be committed to mentor colleagues, as well
- Don’t take clients for granted. There are always changes in the skin—every visit should be just as exciting as the first.
- Create your own blog or e-newsletter; invite clients to share comments.
- Be clients’ go-to skin expert that they always seek out. Retailing becomes second nature because it is absolutely necessary to get the results that you and the client agree must happen.
Remember: It’s always all about the client!
Linda Burmeister is the undergraduate education manager for Dermalogica, and a licensed instructor with more than 35 years of industry experience. She previously taught and developed undergraduate programs and curricula at Pivot Point International in Chicago, and is a well-known guest speaker. She also serves on the Associated Skin Care Professionals School Council Committee and several school advisory boards in California.