Most Popular in:
8 Ways to Reignite Your Passion
By: Mohan Nair
Posted: November 29, 2012, from the December 2012 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 2 of 3
4. Translate that competency into value. Ask yourself: “How can I put my competency to work inside my spa? How can I use it to provide value differently?”
5. Create a solid platform for work. The skeleton of your platform was constructed a long time ago; it is made up of your skills, your experience, the knowledge that defines you. But are there missing planks? Knowing what you want to do and where the holes are that will hinder your ability to execute and innovate is very valuable. Figure out how to fill in the holes with new skills, new experiences, new knowledge. Do this now.
6. Awaken your cause. Find the one thing inside your skin care facility that you feel passionate about. If you can’t find a cause, you may as well forget being a leader! Maybe it’s customer service, mentoring or service innovation. Whatever your cause may be, make it your mantra. Let it drive everything you do.
7. Commit to servant leadership. Gandhi was not capable of being a good lawyer. In fact, he was laughed out of his first case. Eventually, he realized he was at his best when he was serving others. Being successful in professional skin care today means bringing back your leadership in service to a greater good.
8. Find and leverage momentum. Momentum is a unique way to view the market. Skin care facilities that don’t understand it will miss the drivers that indicate where momentum is going. Those that do will get there first with products and services designed to be hot sellers.