This can be a narrow-minded way of thinking, especially for small-business owners who want to remain competitive within the marketplace.
Instead, when resources are under scrutiny, look at it as a golden opportunity to analyze your strategies. How? Register to attend the 2009 America’s Expo for Skin Care & Spa®, where you have the opportunity to meet with numerous spa supplier companies, network with the industry’s top professionals and obtain leading-edge education—all within a relatively short amount of time and not a lot of financial investment. By staying on top of your game during the down economy, you can help your business remain steady and position it to leap forward when times improve, and America’s Expo offers a range of options to help you do just that.
What is the best way to use the expo’s opportunities to your advantage? One way is to put your purchasing power to good use. If suppliers and manufacturers know you have money to spend with them, they are more likely to help you out if they’ve met you in person and have discussed your spa’s needs with you. This conference and expo event allows you the opportunity to talk with a number of the industry’s top companies to help you make that connection.
Being there in person can also help you scour the expo floor for the best deals. Of course, the floor can easily be overwhelming, so its often a good idea to download the layout beforehand and map out a route in order to ensure that you see everyone you want to see. Conveniently, the floor layout for America’s Expo 2009, as well as other important show information, can be found by logging on to www.AmericasExpo.com.
Attending the expo and conference can expose you the latest trends and technologies within the marketplace, as well. Learn firsthand what’s new, take advantage of hands-on demonstrations and attend conference education sessions that are led by some of the industry’s biggest names sharing some of their best-kept secrets. This information can be invaluable during a down economy, as many of the conference speakers have experienced these conditions before and can share their own solutions with attendees. Additionally, you can obtain free manufacturer education directly from spa suppliers, learning about new products, formulations, ingredients and treatments directly from the creators and formulators themselves.
To maximize your time and investment within the three days of America’s Expo, here are some helpful planning tips to help you maintain a steady balance.
- Prepare a list of suppliers and exhibitors to see based on your current and future projects and purchases. See America’s Expo Exhibitors for the exhibtior list, and check www.AmericasExpo.com for the most most up-to-date information.
- Watch for discounted early-bird registration fees that can help you save money on entry.
- Make social appointments outside of the expo and conference, such as attending networking reception events and making dinner plans with current and prospective suppliers, to capitalize on your limited time at the event. These connections are invaluable in expanding your industry contacts, providing you with potential networking opportunities and growing your sources of information, so make sure you read all the event’s promotion materials in order to take advantage of every opportunity available to you.
- Create a schedule before the event for the product-neutral Advanced Education Conference, Workshops and presentations you would like to attend, and also work in any meeting you set up with professional contacts. By staying organized, you can maximize your time and benefits of attending.
- Allocate leisure time to see sites of interest in the host city. By logging on to www.AmericasExpo.com, you can discover the great attractions Chicago has to offer and learn about any special events taking place during the expo and conference.
- Stay flexible. You never know when a great opportunity might present itself or require more of your time, so make sure to have a backup plan in case something comes up and you have to miss a conference session or an appointment. One thing is for sure, there is always something happening at America’s Expo 2009 and always something new to learn.
- Don’t forget to follow up once you get home. Maintaining the contacts you formed at America’s Expo 2009 will likely pay you helpful dividends in the future.
A wise investment
When the economy takes a downturn, it’s often hard to find someone who isn’t affected. However, by investing your money wisely in attending conference and expo events such as America’s Expo 2009, you can set yourself up for big gains in the future. Visit www.AmericasExpo.com to view a digital edition of the event’s program and start planning today.