Get the Skinny! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other cutting-edge articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
It is so important to tap into aesthetic expression as an outlet for broader levels of service innovation, and new insights and inspirations. Use your ingenuity to invent new approaches and satisfy your intellectual appetite at the same time. When you access your unique set of inherent gifts, you give yourself more freedom and fulfillment. The richness of your work experience depends on what you are willing to give to it.
Where does your spa need aesthetic innovation? Estheticians with artistic flair have so much to share. Areas in which you can make a difference include the following.
- Marketing—Can you develop workshops that bring principles of beauty to the forefront?
- Treatment development—New modes of expression can be added to therapeutic environments by adapting lighting, adding music, providing different levels of touch to treatment applications or creating new physical sensations by introducing various massage techniques.
- Retailing—Display merchandise in clever ways. Strengthen its visual appeal by using color, texture, line and design.
- Uniform or treatment gown alteration—Create patterns or sew new designs.
- Music—Compose new musical pieces for treatment and retail areas
- Graphics—Design the layout of treatment menus, newsletters, brochures, thank-you notes and gift certificates.
There are scores of lucrative opportunities for anybody who chooses to get out of their fixed job routine. You are only limited by your own imagination and do not have to wait to be a spa owner in order to express your inner artistic talents. There are all kinds of arrangements that can be made if there is a demand waiting to be fulfilled at work.
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!