Most Popular in:
Part II: Technology in Your Spa—A Survival Guide for Today's Social World
By: Stephanie Jennings
Posted: March 29, 2013, from the April 2013 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
Social and mobile marketing trends have revolutionized how consumers expect to interact with businesses.
page 3 of 4
- Install background visuals similar in style to your website.
- Upload videos that highlight your facility’s experience, therapists and wellness tips. A video tour of your facility is a must.
- Link to your other social channels and your website.
- Feature your latest video on your home page, linked back to your channel.
- Use YouTube’s analytics to measure the appeal of your videos.
- Brand your page with background images of your spa.
- Tweet upcoming specials and events.
- Repost online reviews.
- Include #hashtags to facilitate keyword searches.
- Use Twitter’s search to find trending topics in your city related to your services.
- Re-post favorite articles and blogs that have value to your followers.
- Get visual with pictures of your most relaxing and inspiring settings or sayings.
- Include your spa’s name as a #hashtag to keep pins linked to your board, no matter how many re-pin them.
- Include additional #hashtags to help your pins appear in search results (#stress, #skinwellness, #facial).
- Create a board that features photos from your events, charities and monthly specials.
- Be strategic with your pins’ backlinks. Your online booking page is a great option!
It’s a challenge determining just how often to post on your social media sites. Too often, and people get tired of hearing from you. Too infrequent, and the same folks forget about you. A good rule of thumb is to post whenever you have something worth sharing—something your followers would genuinely like to know. Daily posts are great, especially on Facebook. Facebook is about listening to your audience, so ask questions; the Question of the Day is a great way to keep daily posts going, plus they get answers!
On all of your sites, share exclusive offers and last-minute deals, but also consider sharing things that inspire. Those are the posts that go viral: inspirational sayings, client success stories, charitable outreach and so on. You can monitor the conversations on your social sites in real time using an aggregate dashboard, such as Hootsuite. You can follow all posts that mention your business as they happen, and you can even schedule your posts in advance through this platform.