Valentine's Day gift card sales shouldn't just be for female clients. Consider doing a last-minute gift card push today for your male clients, or encourage your female clients to purchase a Valentine's Day gift card for the men in their lives. According to the International SPA Association's (ISPA) 2011 U.S. Industry Study, which reported that 45% of spas offer packages aimed at men. Resort/hotel spas are most active on that front, with 65% offering special packages geared toward men. The No. 1 reason men go to the spa worldwide is to reduce/relieve stress.
“Men are frequently introduced to the benefits of spas by their wives, girlfriends or moms, and once they have that first spa experience – they are hooked,” says ISPA president Lynne McNees. "Giving your Valentine the gift of spa is a thoughtful way to convey the importance of making spa visits part of an overall health and wellness routine.”
Following are examples of a wide variety of options that provide a needed time-out for men. Whether your clients are seeking an express treatment or a get-away excursion this sampling of offerings from ISPA members will inspire you to put together a memorable experience.
- The Palms Aveda Spa Miami--Revitalize Him features a 50-minute elemental Nature Massage, Aqua Salt Glow Body Treatment in the HydroCapsule and his choice of Haircut or Feet Therapy for $215.
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg, VA--The Gentleman’s Choice offers your choice of a revitalizing facial or personalized back treatment each customized according to skin type. Par Excellence Golf Massage treatment will have you feeling like a tour pro as massage therapists address specific muscle groups with a unique blend of hops massage oil.
- Sundara Inn & Spa in Wisconsin Dells--Purely for Men Facial developed “just for him” begins with exfoliation of the back and shoulders, using Sundara’s own Sandstone Body Polish, followed by a moisturizer. Next the face is treated with an invigorating cleanser, a massaging mask to tone the skin, and finally a soothing moisturizer for $70.
- Spa Gregorie’s Newport Beach, CA--Gentleman’s Retreat designed especially for male clientele and their unique physical needs, this package includes: Eucalyptus Steam Bath, Invigorating Hydrotherapy, Therapeutic Scalp Massage, One-Hour Massage of your choice, Gentleman’s Facial, Gentleman’s Manicure and Paraffin hand treatment for $265.
- Red Mountain Resort St. George, Utah--Man on the Run – Alpha Male Active Body Treatment 80 minutes, $160: A potent and stimulating mud treatment to relieve sore muscles. Skin Blitzer--Complete treatment to hydrate, purify and detoxify skin. Tightens features and soothes skin irritated by shaving.
- Corbu Spa & Salon Cambridge, MA--Refresher Facial--an ideal spa treatment for men featuring an intensive recovery for over-exposed skin that eliminates internal and external aggressors to establish maximum glow, the Refresher Facial is specifically designed to achieve comfort and relaxation in a short 30-minute window.
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz, NY--Fuel Your Face: Skin Fitness for Men formulated exclusively for the unique needs of male skin, this new facial cleanses, balances, bioactivates and defends the face. Dirt and environmental pollutants are cleansed from the skin without stripping essential oils; then pH balancing calms the skin. Next, potent anti-aging botanicals penetrate the deepest layers of the skin, infusing antioxidants,vitamins and minerals. 50 minutes.
- Skycity Marriott Hotel Quan Spa Hong Kong--Chocolate Body Spa skin treatment with antioxidants, vitamins and cocoa butter. Includes chocolate foot bath and full body scrub and finishes with a 60 minute chocolate body massage.