Some key industry totals and averages extracted from the report include:
· Intelligent Spas identified 503 spa facilities located in Australia.
· The average indoor area of spa facilities in Australia was 237 square metres.
· 52% of the total spa space was allocated to treatment rooms.
· Spas contained six treatment rooms on average.
· 65% of spas that provided a relaxation room stated it was gender-shared, compared to 7% that provided both separate and shared rooms and 4% that offered separate rooms.
· Baths with water and/or air jets were provided by 58% of respondents.
· One hour body wraps were priced from $110 on average.
· Herbal tea was the most common complimentary food or beverage item provided by spas, with 92% offering it to visitors.
· The increase in male spa visitors was the most common, current industry trend with 29% of respondents making this observation.
· Spa owners and managers noticed clients’ expectations of the spa experience were rising.
· The majority of spas predicted increases in spa visits and revenue during 2006 and 2007. managers.