For an extended scientific explanation about oxygen and its effect on the skin, see the article below. For additional information, check out Jeffrey Lapin's article "A Breath of Fresh Air," that appeared in the February 2010 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
Pugliese's Oxygen Explanation
January 29, 2010
Most Popular in Physiology
- 7911Best Practices in the Treatment of Hyperpigmentation
- 7247Your Toolkit to Spotting Skin Cancer (And Saving Lives)
- 2425Don’t Just Stick a Needle In It: Eye Lesions
- 1810The Body Electric
- 1755Dry vs. Dehydrated Skin: Causes and Treatments
- 1400Fountain of Youth Found With ‘Second Skin?'
- 1188Long-term Research Links Dairy and High-Sugar Foods to Acne
- 876Glycation and the Skin
- 724New Study Shows Possible Cause of Rosacea Bumps
- 698Stem Cells and Growth Factors: What You Should Know
- Study Links B12 to Skin Bacteria
7/20/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- Preventing PIH When Treating Skin of Color
11/20/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- What Makes Asian Skin Different?
9/28/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- The Science Behind Skin at Face & Body Midwest
3/13/2016, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- Researchers Unlock Skin's "Virome" Secrets
11/17/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky