Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Energy, Diet and Aging
By: Peter T. Pugliese, MD
Posted: September 25, 2009, from the October 2009 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 5 of 6
3. B Alberts, A Johnson, J Lewis, M Raff, K Roberts and P Walter, Molecular Biology of the Cell, Garland Publishing, Inc., New York (1994)
4. A Trifunovic, Premature ageing in mice expressing defective mitochondrial DNA polymerase, Nature 429 417–423 (May 27, 2004)
5. L Guarente, Sirtuins as potential targets for metabolic syndrome, Nature 444(7121) 868–874 (Dec 14, 2006)
6. S Imai, CM Armstorng, M Kaeberlein and L Guarente, Transcriptional silencing and longevity protein Sir2 is an NAD- dependent histone deacetylase, Nature 403(6771) 795–800 (Feb 17, 2000)
7. J Landry, et al., The silencing protein SIR2 and its homologs are NAD-dependent protein deacetylases. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97(11) 5807–5811 (May 23, 2000)