Psoriasis Cure Now, a nonprofit patient advocacy group, today reported that biotech and pharmaceutical companies are investigating a record 70 potential new treatments for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. The data, culled from published reports and clinical trial recruitment Web sites, shows continued, strong business interest in the psoriasis market. A New York Times article last week called into question the profitability of the psoriasis sector, lighting up psoriasis message boards with concerns that the psoriasis drug pipeline could dry up. The full (and free) report of psoriasis treatments under clinical development is available on the Psoriasis Cure Now Web site: www.psoriasis-cure-now.org/hope.php.
70 Potential New Psoriasis Treatments Being Investigated
February 2, 2007
Most Popular in Physiology
- 9449Your Toolkit to Spotting Skin Cancer (And Saving Lives)
- 7677Best Practices in the Treatment of Hyperpigmentation
- 2483Don’t Just Stick a Needle In It: Eye Lesions
- 1614Dry vs. Dehydrated Skin: Causes and Treatments
- 1415The Body Electric
- 1402Fountain of Youth Found With ‘Second Skin?'
- 1139Long-term Research Links Dairy and High-Sugar Foods to Acne
- 787Glycation and the Skin
- 712New Study Shows Possible Cause of Rosacea Bumps
- 665Stem Cells and Growth Factors: What You Should Know
- Study Links B12 to Skin Bacteria
7/20/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- Preventing PIH When Treating Skin of Color
11/20/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- What Makes Asian Skin Different?
9/28/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- The Science Behind Skin at Face & Body Midwest
3/13/2016, Jennifer Novoseletsky
- Researchers Unlock Skin's "Virome" Secrets
11/17/2015, Jennifer Novoseletsky