Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Vitamin D: An Evolving Star
By: Peter T. Pugliese, MD
Posted: June 29, 2009, from the July 2009 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 9 of 11
13. HG Skinner, DS Michaud, E Giovannucci, WC Willett, GA Colditz and CS Fuchs, Vitamin D intake and the risk for pancreatic cancer in two cohort studies, Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15(9) 1688–1695 (2006)
14. JM Lappe, D Travers-Gustafson, KM Davies, RR Recker and RP Heaney, Vitamin D and calcium supplementation reduces cancer risk: results of a randomized trial, Am J Clin Nutr 85(6) 1586–1591 (2007)
15. J Silver and T Naveh-Many, “Vitamin D and the parathyroid glands.” In Vitamin D, Academic, San Diego (1997) pp 353–367
16. J Hosomi et al., Regulation of terminal differentiation of cultured mouse epidermal cells by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, Endocrinology 113 1950–1957 (1983)
17. L Mallbris, et al., UVB up-regulates the antimicrobial protein hCAP18 mRNA in human skin, J Invest Dermatol 125 1072–1074 (2005)