Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Vitamin D: An Evolving Star
By: Peter T. Pugliese, MD
Posted: June 29, 2009, from the July 2009 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 8 of 11
8. JJ Cannell, R Vieth, JC Umhau, et al., Epidemic influenza and vitamin D, Epidemiol Infect 134(6) 1129–1140 (2006)
9. LL Muhe, S Lulseged, KE Mason and EA Simoes, Case-control study of the role of nutritional rickets in the risk of developing pneumonia in Ethiopian children, Lancet 349(9068) 1801–1804, (June 1997)
10. E Etten and C Mathieu, Immunoregulation by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3: basic concepts, J Steroid Bioche Mol Biol 97(1–2) 93–101 (2005)
11. KL Munger, LI Levin, BW Hollis, NS Howard and A Ascherio, Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and risk of multiple sclerosis, J of the Am Med Assn 296(23) 2832–2838 (2006)
12. BA Ingraham, B Bragdon and A Nohe, Molecular basis of the potential of vitamin D to prevent cancer, Curr Med Res Opin 24 139 (2007)