Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Vitamin D: An Evolving Star
By: Peter T. Pugliese, MD
Posted: June 29, 2009, from the July 2009 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 7 of 11
3. EM Brown, et al., Cloning and characterization of an extracellular Ca2+-sensing receptor from bovine parathyroid, Nature 366 575–580 (1993)
4. M Garabedian, Control of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol metabolism by the parathyroid glands, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 69 1673–1676 (1972)
5. J Silver and HM Kronenberg, “Parathyroid hormone-molecular biology and regulation.” In Principles of Bone Biology Academic, San Diego (1996) pp 325–337
6. TJ Chambers and CT Magnus, Calcitonin alters behaviour of isolated osteoclasts, J Pathol 136 27–39 (1982)
7. S Nagpal, S Na and R Rathnachalam, Noncalcemic actions of vitamin D receptor ligands, Endocr Rev 26(5) 662–87 (August 2005)