Want More Education?
Delve deeper into the science behind skin care with —Skin Inc. Video Education!
Most Popular in:
Vitamin C in Skin Care
By: Peter T. Pugliese, MD
Posted: June 2, 2009, from the June 2009 issue of Skin Inc. magazine.
page 9 of 11
2. M Kaminski and R Boal, An effect of ascorbic acid on delayed-onset muscle soreness, Pain, 50 317–321 (1992)
3. PJ Nelson et al, Effects of ascorbic acid deficiency on the in vivo synthesis of carnitine, Biochem Biophys Acta, 672 123–127 (1981)
4. AJ Brown, Acute effects of smoking cessation on antioxidant status, Nutr Biochem, 7 2939 (1996)
5. JR Hunt et al, Effects of ascorbic acid on apparent iron absorption by women with low iron stores, Am J Clin Nutr, 59 1381–1385 (1994)
6. S Wha Kim et al, Fibroblasts and ascorbate regulate epidermalization in reconstructed human epidermis, J Dermatol Sci, 30(3) 215–223 (Dec 2002)